Monday, July 22, 2013

Nautical Quilts, Finally!

I've been wanting to share these FOREVER! However, I always want to let the people they are for see them first. So, now that the quilts are delivered, I can safely show you all!
These were commissioned by a relative who has two boys, one of them just arrived! She wanted to do a nautical theme for them and chose some fabrics for me to work with, and I LOVED them! These have probably been my favorites so far. I felt like I wanted to add a little something special to these, so I found some paper piecing patterns online. I used anchors, a pirate, and a ship! These took a while to do, but I like how they turned out. The pirate/skull doesn't show up too good in the pictures, but I really liked him! I bought all of my fabric from Hawthorne Threads. I really like ordering from them, and will continue to in the future.
I pieced these, and the quilted them on my Janome before hand binding them and adding an Ellita label. Navy, gray, and white with a touch of red is just a good combination! I even found some good pirate sticker to put on the box before I mailed them.
I. AM. A. NERD.
Anyway, without further yammering, here are the quilts!
~Rachel







No comments:

Post a Comment