Sunday, June 23, 2013

Winston My Latest Furniture Makeover


Today I would like you to meet a friend of mine His name is Winston. He once lived with a painter. When I picked Winston up he was a grouchy old man being that he is over 70 years old.

Before:
 
 His hardware had layers upon layers of grime, and he had never once been refinished in all of his years. Though I must say he looked pretty dapper for the time and tales he had endured. Being that he lived with a painter it is only natural that he had splatters of paint on his drawers and scars and dents acquired over the years.
 
After:
 A few hours in my little shop and a custom coat of paint and let me tell you Winston is a new man. I knew he had a younger soul than he let on and that you may see reflected in his beautiful new coat. His color is a custom mixture of Miss Mustardseeds Milk Paint including two parts Ironstone and one part Shutter Gay. Overall he is a light blue with gray undertones. Winston is all ready to be loved by someone special. Perhaps a little boy or couple, a single college student or maybe perhaps even another painter.

I hope you like my latest friend! I have some exciting news! I sold my very first piece this weekend! My lovely Grainsack colored dresser is now being loved by a set of twin girls! How fitting!! I hope they love her lots and use her well!

Until next time!
-Haley
Linking up at:
http://missmustardseed.com/2013/06/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-a-link-party-23/

6 comments:

  1. Love the distressing on this piece, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just received my first order of Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paints today and even though I have no idea what Im going to paint Im still very excited! I love what you did with Winston! Absolutely beautiful! I love how you were able to breath life back into a tired soul. Gorgeous!
    One question...how did you get the handles looking like new? I've tried several different methods and never looks as nice as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LuTina, I hope you love milk paint as much as I do it really is an incredible product! For this set of hardware I soaked them overnight in a solution of baking soda, vinegar and CLR. I gave them a good scrub and then polished them with a metal polish called Brasso. Thanks for your kind words! And for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great piece! Did you use the bonding agent on this? and how did you finish = wax, hemp oil or a poly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, thank you! I did use the bonding agent for this piece and finished it off with the clear wax I did not use any poly or hemp oil.

      Delete