Friday, April 19, 2013

Pinned It Friday (Rachel Edition)

Hey people, it's FRIDAY! Woot, woot! I don't know about you, but to me this has seemed like a longish week and I'm happy it's over. Not that it has been bad, but you know, just long! So I have actually tried some more pins this week and I'm pretty excited to share a couple with you because I love when I find something new that just "works" for me and my tastes! So, without further ado, here is my version of Pinned It Friday.

1.) First off, there is the DIY leg exfoliator at One Good Thing by Jillee. I made this the night before I used it and opted for coconut oil. The result was pretty fun to use because I L-O-V-E exfoliators! I'm talking, if I could use sandpaper on my skin to exfoliate (and it not take my skin off), I would. Anyway, this scrubbed me up nicely for shaving and then for using Jergen's natural glow. I'm not going to get an awesome tan or anything from it, just trying to tone down the pasty since I've started wearing shorts again! Anyway, you should check out this blog, it's pretty cool with plenty of crafty and DIY things!
 
2.) This week I tried a couple of new recipes too. This was the second one I tried and it was pretty good (ONLY if you like spinach and artichoke, which I do). I think it would have been better if I hadn't FORGOTTEN THE GARLIC!! I know, right? How did that even happen?! Better luck next time! I like that this recipe uses Greek yogurt so I don't feel super guilty that I put mayo in something. Here it is , the Spinach Artichoke Chicken recipe. I am looking forward to going back to this site, Add a Pinch, and trying out more of Robyn's recipes. After all, she is a southern girl too :)
 
3.) This was my favorite find of the week! I have never really made turkey unless it's thanksgiving. I never buy ground beef because Linwood and I try to eat like... Salmon and chicken and salad-type meals. I always love a good burger though, and wanted a healthier way to get one. So I decided to break down and try turkey. I've heard that it's hard to make turkey taste good and that you have to season the heck out of it but this burger recipe really takes the proverbial cake. Seriously, I was so happy that I printed it out and put it in my special black binder where all good recipes at my house live. The recipe here calls for parsley BUT I didn't have any so I used cilantro and I think I will continue to do so. Needless to say, I went directly out to the store and bought more charcoal and lighter fluid, because I see these being amazing next week sometime. Anyway, take a moment to scroll throught the recipes on the Use Real Butter site. They look awesome and Jen's comments always crack me up!
 
 
 
 
4.) Grout cleaner. That's what I have to say about that. It totally works! I'm always skeptical about "amazing cleaning tricks," but I have to say that I now have clean kitchen grout. If you follow on facebook, you probably knew this one was coming. I can't help it, I love to share good finds! This site, by Sweet Caroline is fun to read and try the DIY projects and recipes!
 
5.) Lastly, there is a cute projects that I'm dying to make. I like a few magnets on my fridge, but hate ugly, tacky ones. As I'm a quilty lady, these super-cute and tiny cuties caught my attention! I'm mentally working on these in my head and deciding which fabric scraps I should use! Check out the blog by Nova called A Cuppa and a Catch Up, there are some VERY cute sewing projects over there!
 
 
That's my five from this week, let me know if you try one out or if you have a favorite pin (or seven)from this week! Just a little note: keep Boston families in your prayers!
~Rachel


4 comments:

  1. The burger looks DELISH, I LOVE turkey burgers, so I will definitely have to try these! The magnets are so darn cute, and tiny, wholly cow that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally thought of you when I made the burgers Cassie! And I definitely want to make the cute magnets :)

      Delete
  2. The burger looks divine! I'll have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! I've made them a few times now, so I can definitely recommend them!

      Delete