Thursday, July 18, 2013

Makeup Favorites by Haley

Since you all seemed to love hearing about Rachel's favorite beauty products yesterday I figured I would go ahead and share mine. I love hearing about what works for other people and trying new things. But I am also a loyal customer and when I find something I love I usually don't stray far!

For starters let me just give you a brief description of my skin type. I have very dry and sensitive skin. I am lucky and don't experience many breakouts unless I am pregnant.. then things get kind of crazy.

Cleaning my Face:
To clean my face I usually use good old Johnston's baby soap. I know, that may seem kind of strange but I have tried lots of other products and it does the job and keeps my sensitive skin happy. I have recently been using Philosophy Face wash and absolutely love it. Especially on days where I wear heavy makeup it really keeps my face nice and clean. To remove my makeup I use baby oil. I know I just like baby products! It hydrates my skin while also effectively removing all ten pounds of my eye makeup. When I use a toner I usually stick with Sea Breeze and a cotton pad.

Moisturizers:
I have been using the same moisturizer for the past 3 years. It is ponds Dry Skin Cream with the blue cap. I have also converted my husband who uses it for his dry skin as well. Sometimes however this is not enough. I have been known to slather Aquaphore on my face before bed. Desperate times call for desperate measures folks. and as far as my lips go I love Burt's Bees the original chap stick, Babylips in the blue packaging, and Carmex.

Foundation and Powder:
up until about a month ago I had only used one foundation in the last 4 years. That was MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation. I liked the full coverage of this foundation and the staying power. I am not one of those people who likes to re-apply makeup so I liked that this foundation looked great after it had been on for many hours. I didn't however like the color selection and never found the "perfect match" during the winter months and I also didn't like the price. So I have been hunting for a good drugstore foundation and found one that I really like its Cover Girls new Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation. I have found the perfect color to match my skin tone and it has great buildable coverage it is light weight and actually is better for my dry skin. The fact that it is under $10.00 is just an added bonus. For applying foundation I love the Beauty Blender. I have tried brushes and all kinds of other things but the beauty blender provides a flawless application and is easy to use. For concealers my most favorite is MACs select cover up. For a cheaper alternative I like Rimmel's Match Perfection 2-1 concealer and Highlighter. It is affordable and lasts for a long time.  For setting my foundation I love Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder. I have tried other high end ones and this one is the best!


Eye Brows:
I am an eye brow person. I think way to many people neglect their eyebrows and think that just a little filler on your brows goes a long way. But too much is also a bad thing. My newest obsession is the Anastasia Brow Wiz in brunette. I use this bad boy along with the spooly at the end and it gets the job done perfectly! I also set my crazy hairs with the clear brow gel. I also like to prime underneath and the tops of my eyebrows with NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk (white).

Eyes:
eye shadow is my most favorite makeup product. I have collected quite a few and switch them up regularly. For a classic smokey eye or a "no makeup makeup day" I like the Naked Basics Pallet. It also has the best matte black color ever.  But I am totally addicted to MAC eye shadows and here are my favorites: Espresso (brown),  Soft Brown (self explanatory),  Sign Sealed (Dark Purple), Fig1 (purple), Sketch (purple Brown), Red Brick (red), Shroom (highlight color), Embark (cool brown), Naked Lunch (pale pink tan). for eyeliner I like a good liquid black liner for the last 2 years I have used Prestige Cosmetics liquid liner found at Ulta. For mascara I like Cover Girls Lash Blast in Black water proof. I have sensitive eyes and they water a lot so waterproof mascara is a necessity.

Cheeks:
I used MAC blunt to contour and I like lots of different blushes but my top three are Nars Orgasm, MAC Pinch o Peach,  and MAC dollymix. To highlight I like MAC Soft and Gentle.







LIPS:
as far as actual lipsticks go I like MAC surprise surprise, My favorite color of all time is Cream Cup, its a perfect pink that goes with any look. Some other favorites are Lady Danger (fire engine red), Cream De Nude (nude), Speak Louder (hot pink) and Snob (cool tone purple pink).

 
My favorite Brushes for all things makeup are Sigma Brushes: that is what I use for everything!
 
That's pretty much it as far as makeup goes! I Love playing around with makeup and love hearing what works for other people so please comment with some of your all time favorite products!

No comments:

Post a Comment