Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Favorite Products!

Today I was supposed to be sharing a lovely finished quilt with you all...
I left that quilt in Tucson.
In my trunk.
I'm in Tennessee today so that makes sharing a bit difficult! However, I can share I picture of my lovely nephew, Austin! I haven't seen him in five months, so it's good to be back!
I did make a clover crown for him. He'll still love me when he gets older I hope. 

So lately, I've been on a beauty products kick! I wanted to share with you all so of the things that make my life easier on a daily basis. I live with constant hormonal acne that no dermatologist (or drug, including accutane) has mastered.
Glamorous, I know.
Usually, I'm able to mostly treat and cover up the grossness with these products and tips. 


I, like Kandee Johnson and Jacklyn Hill before me, have discovered Mario Badescu products! First is Hyaluronic Eye Cream, which I use at night. That yellow one is the toner, called Special Cleansing Lotion "C"-after every time I wash my face, morning and night. That little bottle is Buffering Lotion, which targets cystic blemishes. Lovely, I know. Last, there is the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, which I use every other day.


This is the Neutrogena face wash that is use when I'm not doing the Mario one, its a gentle exfoliating cleaner. Next is Neutrogena's eye makeup remover. I use a little cotton pad an this stuff takes its all off! I've tried other products and keep coming back to this one. My facial moisturizer is CeraVe. It never causes breakouts and is what the dermatologist recommends. I had to throw in the body butter from B&BW because it is my obsession at the moment! Thick and moisturizing, I've been using this lovely body butter everyday when I get out of the shower. I catch whiffs of the mango scent all day and LOVE it!


These products are some of the most important steps in my makeup application. The Urban Decay De-Slick keeps my face matte for a lot longer and sets my makeup after I apply it. I've been through about four bottles of this stuff and will continue to buy it! I'm showing the MAC Fix+ because it is decent, but has no matte effect on me, which I need. The tube of Murad is awesome! It smells so fresh and so clean, clean! It is also oil control and SPF 15. It is hydrating and a good primer. The dark tube is Urban Decay's Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion. I use it on areas that still need a little help after the Murad. The smaller purple tube is my Urban Decay eye primer. This is another thing that I've been through about 4 tubes of and will not be without! It keeps my eyeshadow on all day with no creases! 



MAC. It's the best, that's all I've got to say about that. I've tried loads of foundations but what works best for me is MAC's studio fix fluid in NC15- the lightest shade. I also like DiorSkin Nude BB Cream in the lightest shade sometimes as a base. The Smashbox BB cream is in the black tube and I keep wanting to buy a full size! Here I also have my Studio Fix powder that I use to set my foundation, OR if I still need more coverage, I use the Mineralize Loose Powder and buff, baby buff! The shimmery ones in the corner are both by MAC as well and are Soft & Gentle and Definitely Defined, which I use in highlighting and contouring. When all my face is done, I finish with the NYX HD powder which is JUST like the MUFE (Make Up For Ever) brand, just a fraction of the price.

These are my blushes/contours!
The top is Blissful by Tarte, and I use it as a blush. The one on the left is Prism by MAC and it can be a contour or a blush, depending on the type on skin day I'm having! The last is my most favorite contour EVER and it is Blunt by MAC. 



Eyes. Urban Decay all the way! I have all three Naked pallets and they are what I use most days. I also love my Smashboc Macro Lens that Haley bought me! It has perfect everyday shades. Then there are some MAC shadows, my Milk pencil by NYX, Buxom eyeliner, Benefit mascara, and MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack.


What is good makeup without the right brushes?! In order from left to right, they are Clinique-highlighter, Bare Escentuals- kabuki, Ecotools- all over face, Sigma-flat kabuki, Sephora-#47 foundation, e.l.f.- stipple, Bare Escentuals-concealer! Hope you all enjoy!
~Rachel









No comments:

Post a Comment