Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DIY vintage frames

As far as projects at my house go I'm bouncing all over the place like usual! The main reason this happens is because I try to do projects with things I already have on hand. I never know when I'm going to feel inspired and pull out my glue gun and paint brushes! Today I made a little something to start a gallery wall in my twins' room. This project is really easy and anyone can do it I promise!!!

I started with some frames from goodwill that I had painted white about 2 years ago. I recently took down my entire gallery wall in my living room and went with something much simpler. Now I have a ton of frames laying around just itching to be hung somewhere new!

Then I took a can of Minwax stain in Jacobean. I got a small can for around $7 and have used it for several different projects and still have a full can. I took a baby wipe and dipped it in the stain and then applied it all over the frame. I used a baby wipe so that I could wipe a lot of the excess off. You can also use a damp rag or paper towel.

Next I took a tan paint color any will work,and just roughly painted some lines and and small areas of the frame

I then took a dry cloth dipped it back in my stain and went over the frames for a third time this created a layered texture that looks old and antiqued.

This can be done as sloppy as you like and you can create as many layers as you want as well feel free to go crazy!

I hope you learned a thing or two! If you have any requests of things you would like to see on our blog please leave a comment below. Do you want more sewing projects? More DIY projects?
More home decorating projects? Let us know!!!

Enjoy!

-Haley
























No comments:

Post a Comment