Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wendy's Baby Quilt

Today I am sharing a long overdue quilting project! I finished this up with the help of Rachel a month or two back. I made this quilt for my best friend of all time Wendy. She and her husband welcomed a beautiful baby girl into their family a few weeks ago and I made this especially to go with her nursery! Wendy did a phenomenal job decorating her nursery in a peach, black and white color scheme.  I visited her a few weeks ago and got to see her darling new home and her brand spankin new baby girl and FINALLY gave her this quilt!! Wendy is a very talented graphic designer has her own etsy shop where she makes custom family trees, she also designs invitations and was ever so kind to design the entire layout of our blog! I wish I could take credit for it but I do not have those types of skills! Wendy has a great design aesthetic and I love everything she creates! Wendy and I go as far back as the "Barbie Day's" and she was also my roommate in college! We had entirely to much fun and took several classes together and I am sure we drove our professors nuts with our constant laugher! I blame Wendy for my unhealthy obsession with the Bachelor, and for encouraging my "freshman fifteen" with many 3am chocolate doughnut runs! Wendy is just the bomb and I am so happy that we have little girls that are less than a year apart in age!




This quilt pattern comes from McCall's free quilt block patterns. I free motion quilted it with a combination of stippling and loops. Rachel ever so sweetly bound it for me and even added the little tag with our logo using my Granny's sweet little sewing machine!

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks for the compliments my friend! I LOVE my quilt! Thanks so much for taking the time to make it! It looks great in her room. You're the bomb

    ReplyDelete