Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Superhero Quilts

Remember when I went to Sea World?
I didn't think so...
The point is that I do remember, and I had fun. I went with my sister-in-law, Cassie, her husband, Robert, and their three kids- Brycen, Cooper, and Chloe. Chloe got a quilt when she was born, but Brycen and Cooper didn't because I was still living in Tennessee (oblivious to their existence, sadly). Now that I know them and they are my nephews, I like them and wanted to make them each a quilt for showing me such a good time.
When I am with these two boys, they constantly talk about school or superheros, SO I decided that superhero quilts would be the best bet. I picked two fabrics with Marvel superheros all over them and then a bunch of coordinating prints. I made them simple and then added borders and blocks in the corners. After I did that I was like, "Hey! I should embroider the name of each superhero (six total names) on each quilt in the border!" This led to the quilts taking WAY longer than planned, but whatever, they are done! I quilted them on my machine, just an X through each square and lines in the border. I'm happy with how they turned out, I just hope that the boys are too :)
~Rachel
 



 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment