Monday, June 10, 2013

Rainbow Afghan and a Furniture Makover that Crashed and Burned!

Good Morning all my lovely friends!! I hope your Monday is starting off swell and that everyone had a lovely weekend! I have to say I don't mind Mondays at all. Mondays are actually more like Fridays for me. My husband works a random weekend schedule and then has all his days off during the week. This has its pros and cons but in the end, I have come to really enjoy Mondays because I always feel the motivation to get things done and ready for the week!

I had a great "weekend" but didn't get nearly as much as I wanted to get done! I had planned on showing you another furniture makeover today, but that makeover kind of crashed and burned!! I have learned that this whole milk paint thing takes some time to figure out! I have also discovered that  it really works the best on furniture that is painted or sealed already. I had a bare dresser that I had sanded to buff away all its imperfections and was left with a very solid and porous hunk of wood! lets just say the milk paint hated it!! So I will be working with some chalk paint to get the look I am going for. Hopefully I can finish it up before the week is over.

I did however do some more crocheting and have a new project to share with you today! I have continued to work on the Aqua and Red afghan but have another chevron afghan that I started a week ago when I had run out of yarn. This afghan will be a rainbow one once complete. and I am looking forward to really start getting busy on it once my other projects are complete! Here it is right now. This afghan will have several more colors added once I really start to work on it!

 Enjoy!!

-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment