Monday, June 10, 2013

Marriage!

I have a thing for pillows (among other things), maybe because they are simple and quick to whip up, but at the same time they can make a room feel different-just with a little color! So here are a couple more simple pillows, they are another version of Mr. and Mrs., just because I feel like I know a few people getting married soonish!I'm definitely a fan or marriage, it's the best thing I've ever done. I've been thinking about it a lot this week, and about how fast the time seems to go when you really like your spouse. Don't get me wrong, we are still human and get on each other's nerves at times, but usually there is a pretty happy feeling in our home.  One example of why I like my Handsome so much is: Saturday night I'm shot because I've been staying up late working on projects, patterns, or just folding laundry to an audio book. I don't even remember how it happened, but I zonked out on the couch around 7 or 8 o'clock that night, and didn't wake up until 6:30am. That never happens to me, I always brush, floss, take out contacts, and scrub my face before bed. Well, when I woke up, I'm disoriented and look around. I spot him on the floor asleep with a blanket, and he had tucked me in and given me a pillow too. At that moment (mind you, I'm usually very grumpy in the morning) I felt such a rush of gratitude and love for this person that happened to find me. Later he told me that he just didn't have the heart to wake me and didn't want to leave me downstairs all alone. I was happy all day and his back hurt all day, poor guy. So now that I've gotten all sappy, I shall stop! I made these by randomly chopping and piecing fabric, and by cutting out letters with my Silhouette Cameo! I love that thing, it's so handy!
 For an update, I'm working on another pillow sham right now that matches a quilt, and that will be unveiled soon! My Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Tutorial should also be getting close. I just need to wax on, wax off. But then I get distracted because I'm having the opportunity to design not one, but TWO nautical quilts for someone! I must say I love nautical and so I just ordered a bunch of very adorable fabric from Hawthorne Threads.  Now that you know a little bit about what I'm doing, how about a picture of the pillows that made me ramble about marriage?! And a fabric sneak! Enjoy!
~Rachel
 



 

 

2 comments:

  1. These are so awesome! I love them! I's so excited to see those nautical projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Britt! I'm excited too! I really love all things nautical and haven't made a quilt with that theme yet.

    ReplyDelete