Monday, June 3, 2013

Aqua and Red Baby Afghan

Hello Everyone!!

I hope everyone is starting off their week on the right foot!! I have started a couple new baby afghans one of which I will be sharing today!! You would think I would just pick one project and finish it but you probably know by now that I can't ever just have one project brewing!! In my defense, I ran out of yarn for my watermelon afghan so I just decided to start on another!! I had been planning on making a blanket for a sweet lady I go to church with and thought I had more time. I was pleasantly surprised to see her and her brand new baby at church Sunday!! I decided to kick it into gear and start working on a blanket for her new little man!! This blanket is another fun and colorful one in Aqua Gray and Red. I hope that you enjoy it!!




If you follow Little Bits of Everything on Facebook then you already know what I got in the mail this weekend! I received some Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint products. I am going to try them out on the  hoard of furniture that is hanging out in my garage!! I have a couple pieces I have been hired to work on and I sent my wonderful husband out with my Father-In-Law this weekend to pick up a trailer load of pieces that I will be selling! Keep your eyes peeled for those!

I have mentioned before how much I love Craigslist and this weekend just confirmed it! The picture posted online of the furniture I bought was pretty crummy so I was crossing my fingers that it would be better than the picture showed and not worse! I was so happy when I finally got to see in in person! It has some incredible detail and is beautiful solid wood! You really cant ask for more! I picked up 4 colors form Miss Mustard Seeds Milk paint including Ironstone, Grainsack, Linen, and Shutter Gray. I have lots of pieces to try out all these new products on and will post them as they are completed! Be sure to follow our Facebook page if you would like a sneak peeks of projects we are working on!

For those who are interested the pattern I used for this crochet blanket is called the Larks foot. I mentioned it in my Pinned It Friday post last week and featured a blanket by a fellow blogger done in this same pattern. If you didn't see it go check it out it is beautiful! It is a very simple pattern and is entirely made up of double crochet and chain stitches! No funky twists or turns very simple and straight forward! I would definitely recommend this to someone who has a little crochet experience and has been wanting to make a baby afghan. Enjoy and talk to you all soon!

-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment