Thursday, May 23, 2013

Works in Progress

Every time I blog, I feel like I should be sharing a new finished project, with step-by-step instructions and lots of pictures. However, it is not possible for me to do that every time, as I have to eat and sleep, and hang out with my husband sometimes. I feel like I have been pretty busy and productive though, working on a few things. I'll share those with you and let you in on a little something... I'm going share a booth with Britt Dewey of Dewey's Bath & Beauty Products at a local craft fair thingy! I've never done this before, so I'm trying to get a few different things ready for that AND I only have till June 1st! Oh man. Haha, I'll just be doing this as a test run to see if it is something I'd like to try and do in the future. My sister-in-law, Cassie, of Bedtime Crafts, does craft shows and seems to like it, so I figured, "Why not?" I ordered my little Square, so I'll be able to take credit cards as well. I think those things are so cool!!! I mean, who'd have thought that you'd be able to pay someone directly by sliding your credit card in their phone?! I love it :) BTW, the square device is free, they do charge 2.75% per swipe though, for their service, just some information in case you were wanting to know more! Okay, sick of my chatter for now? How about some pictures of what I've been doing?

 
Sarah Fielke's new book arrived in my mailbox this week! Okay, I don't know how to explain how excited I was to get this one!! I mean I actually paid for it when I usually am a free pattern connoisseur, if that gives you any idea. You can see it here on Amazon if you like. Sarah creates amazing patterns that drive me nuts to make, but I keep coming back for more! So does Haley, because the Nightmare Quilt that she made me is one of her patterns. I made some of the things from her last quilt and I'm still working on a huge applique project for Haley and her husband (it is their Christmas 2012 gift, oops!). I will definitely be posting that if I EVER get it finished, it is going to be my masterpiece (aka, I will never attempt that again so everyone better enjoy this one).  Okay, so go check out her blog, she is a busy lady and has amazing ideas ALWAYS.
 
 
Next, I'm trying to get to know my photoshop and my library had this handy help book, so I'm reading it in my free time (ha ha) and trying to absorb the most relevant bits. The other book, is on loan from a fellow quilter, who is very nice about sharing! Linwood is putting the finishing touches on my 12' Innova frame as he has time, so hopefully soon I'll be able to start practicing so I can quilt my own quilts more easily.
 
 
This is basically another sneak peek, I don't know if anyone has guessed what this project is yet, but I'm getting closer and closer to finishing it! Last night I stayed up till 2:00am because I just.couldn't.stop! There will be over 1,000 pieces in the finished project, as seems to be the case with everything I've done lately! It is going to be a special order for an awesome 10 year old boy though, so I really want this finished!
 
 
One of my projects for the craft show, just a simple ruffle-booty onesie with XOX appliqued on the front. I need to do a few more small items if I really want to sell anything I think!
 
 
Last but not least, the pinwheel quilt. I've blogged this one before, but I finally am biting the bullet and doing some simple quilting myself with my Janome. It's hard for me to be patient enough for this, but I want a good array of things at the craft show, so I'll try to get it quilted and bound before then. So far, I have one row down, four to go (plus the sashing). Wish me luck as I try to tackle all of these projects!
~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment