Friday, May 3, 2013

Pinned it Friday: Rachel Edition

Today is the day you have been waiting for!! It's Pinned it Friday here at Little Bits of Everything, and I have some great pins for you. Isn't Pinterest such a good way to organize all of the little things that you want to do, need to clean, yearn to bake, and wish to wear?! I really don't know why I didn't think about making something like Pinterest! Oh well, maybe next time :) Okay, enough chit chat, here is the list!

1.) You may have noticed that we are on a cookie-kick. New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies are my holy grail of cookies. After many different types of cookie fails, I had nearly given up my dreams of making the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Okay, maybe not so dramatic, but I asked a few people for their favories and I started testing cookies. By far this is the one that turns out the best for me. I love them so much that I actually take the time to do it all exactly like the recipe says. I know, right?! Haley made me think about cookies with her facebook picture this week and so I had to make a batch! Aren't they pretty?! Check out the recipe and blog of the Brown Eyed Baker! There are all kinds of recipes on there, so go see some of the cool Cinco de Mayo treats that Michelle has posted too!

2.) Organization is something that I covet. When I see things that are super, over-the-top organized, I drool. I want things stacked and labeled and alphabetized and color coordinated. My closest is in rainbow order and my DVDs are in alphabetical order. My books... Well, let's just say that if there is a way to organize random sizes and styles of books, I've done it. Also, I have a problem letting the good ole husband help fold the laundry because I NEED it to be a certain way. I may or may not have a control problem. Anway, I would like my sewing/craft tools more organized and this is an idea that I just absolutely love! What a beautiful turnaround! Oh, if I only owned a house! The before to after is awesome, go check out Shanty 2 Chic, where Whitney and Ashley rock some DIY and all kinds of projects!
 
3.) I found this post by Our Southern Home very helpful! When I move, I'll definitely be using this to hang my own gallery wall. I love this blog, and everything that Christy does, basically :) Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! Here is a link to the main page.
 
 
4.) One of my favorite makeup brands is MAC. They have amazing products! I always compare everything else to and am never satisfied with trying to copy this foundation. There just isn't one that I've met with yet that has the same coverage. And let me tell you, I like coverage. And makeup. It may or may not be true that I spent my whole last paycheck at the MAC in Dillard's when I was in Tucson. It's pricey, so just bite the bullet and do it. Thanks to Haley for making me try it! I am currently the LIGHTEST shade that exists in MAC's lineup (NC15). How sad.
 
5.) Last pin for the week is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. This is a very cute book that has very dry British humor. The story takes place in London and Guernsey after the war in 1946. Entertaining to listen to on audiobook! The characters are quaint and make you feel like you are in a better time. Speaking of which, I'd love to get my mitts on a copy of Glenn Beck's new book!!
 
Thank you all your comments and attentions! We love to hear from you here or on our FB page. Leave us a comment, give us suggestions, or anything!
~Rachel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment