Friday, April 5, 2013

Pinned It Friday (Rachel Edition!)

So, Haley and I are both so excited about having a weekly post that is going to be a constant. In both of our lives, we have weeks where we post like a champ, and some weeks where we just... Don't! Life goes on! For instance, this week, I've had to cover at work for someone on vacation, I have company from Idaho (LOVE YOU ILICIA!), doctor appts, getting a quilt quilted, conference prep, and I'm trying to actually make something for dinner every night. I'm working on four-ish projects right now and hope to be sharing those VERY soon :) Oh, and the fair has been this week, so of course I had to go look at all of the quilts (and wish I'd entered one), eat cotton candy, and see all of the livestock. I never thought I'd miss my parents farm, but seeing the holstein cows and the chickens made me a little homesick! So I really hope I get to go back this summer to Tennessee because I love that place and I have a gorgeous nephew that I miss and have only seen once in person. That is just wrong! I mean, I have the cutest, squeeziest, juicy, little baby Austin and I can't even hold him!! AHH!
Okay, that was a total tangent. Sorry! So my first "Pinned It Friday" is about to happen right here!

1.) http://sewlikemymom.com/applique-tutorial-curves/
     This is a pin on the blog Sew Like My Mom, and Melissa gives a good little tutorial about how to applique curves in letters. This is helpful to me as I'm having so much fun cutting things out with my new Silhouette Cameo, like the bows on the onesies I did this week.
 
2.) Next are some way cute frames by http://store.theorganicbloom.com/ I want my husband to make me one of these, it is officially on my "honey do" list. This photo is by Gina Neary at peaheadprints.com, not by me (sadly). One day when we get to move into a house of our own, he will have more pressure from his loving wife to finish that list!
 
 
3.) Okay, number three is something I'm excited about, it's ANNIE SLOAN chalk paint! I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on some and try it out! April 13th I am going over to San Diego and going to grab some paint and dark wax. I have a nice, solid desk that I got for free from a lady and I really want it to be my new sewing desk. The table I'm sewing on right now is definitely not my favorite AND it's shaped like a hexagon. Not condusive to holding up a quilt while you are working on it, let me tell ya. I'm just waiting to paint the desk till we move.. Maybe this summer?! Oh, here is the site http://www.sasinteriors.net/2012/08/my-first-annie-sloan-experience/ and Jenna is the mastermind behind the SAS Interiors!
 
4.) This is a table runner (by Crystal) that I wanted to make for my mother in law for her birthday. I did, it just didn't turn out as cute as this one! I used colors that matched her kitchen of course, and here is how I made it! http://modifytradition.blogspot.com/2010/03/table-runner.html
 
5.) This is my FAVORITE of the week! I found this recipe for pork carnitas, which I LOVE, love, love! I have made this recipe at least four times since I've pinned it. The only thing I do differently is double everything (except for the cinnamon & cumin) and rub the meat with the mixture the night before. I let it hang out in the fridge and get all seasoned up, then dump it in the crock pot the next day. I serve this meat on big tortillas with cabbage and cilantro, Mexican style. YUM! This is actually in my crock pot right now and it smells heavenly. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-carnitas/detail.aspx
 
 
I hope you enjoy Fridays as much as I do!!
~Rachel
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment