Monday, July 8, 2013

The Wonders of Craigslist (And a new quilt)!

Hi all, hope you are all having a wonderful day! I'm going to be showing you a newly finished quilt today, and telling you how it came about.
For starters, I love Craigslist.
So sue me!
I can't help myself, it just seems like when I'm in a furniture store or something, I feel like I can get something WAY better for a much better price on Craigslist. I'm not picky about used things like furniture.
I'm not going to go buy used bras at Goodwill though, that's where I draw the line!
However Goodwill, Craigslist, yard sales, and other thrifty stores are where it's at! You can find old, solid wood pieces that are in great shape and that will last forever! I am the ANTI-VENEER! I bought a table and chairs that were in a furniture store and the chairs are already broken (the two of us are not even hard on them), and the lovely real wood veneer is starting to chip off one of the sides. If I had just done what I knew I should, I could have scored a good table and painted it.
Live and learn, my friends!
However, I just tell you this so you know that I'm a fan of those types of deals! Which is why it occurred to me to put my quilts/quilting services on Yuma's Craigslist. Why not?! I really didn't think anything would come of it, you know people are iffy about commissioning a quilt from someone who may or may not be trying to scam them.


I got lucky though! I was contacted about making a quilt that used the Aneela Hoey/Posy line, but she wanted me to find an additional fabric that had ladybugs and throw it in the mix.
So I did.
Enter Riley Blake's Ladybug Dance in Pink. It matched from what I could tell online and I was given the OK by the customer. She wanted simple squares, so that's exactly what I did. Then I machine quilted on my Janome and bound it by hand. I also added an Ellita label in the corner.
~Rachel

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment