Wednesday, May 1, 2013

AWESOME Chocolate chip cookies!




Hey everyone I hope you are all having a fantastic week! I have to say my week has been pretty dang good! One of my boys had a doctor appointment yesterday regarding future surgery that he will need. We received some really good news and learned about some new advances in medicine that will make treating him in the future much better than the previous options available. His doctor was also astonished at how well things had healed from his first surgery that he had about 6 months ago. It has been a bumpy ride with our little guy the last several months and many of our prayers have been heard and answered and he is doing so much better than we had originally thought. Thank you to all our friends and family who have been there to support us in this journey! This process is far from over but things are definitely looking better! Due to respecting his privacy I will not be giving details about his surgery or condition. I will however update when he has his next surgery and let you know generally how it went and how his over all heath is. I hate to give vague information and leave you all wondering what is going on but this is something that if he decides to share in the future should be up to him and, I don't feel it is right for me to share this with the world wide web.

I have been working on some crochet projects this week. If you follow Little Bits of Everything on Facebook you will know that I started my very first afghan! Its pretty simple but takes some time I'll be posting an "in the process" photo and update later on!

We also have some exciting news to share with all of our followers! After receiving many requests from friends and family I have decided to make a set of crochet video tutorials! These videos will contain all the stitches that I know and a complete course on how to learn to crochet! These tutorials will be for beginners who have never crochet before and move on to more advanced crochet! If you have any specific requests on what you would like to see or learn how to do please leave a comment, write us on our Facebook page or send us an email! These videos are for YOU! So I aim to please!!

Now to the main purpose of this post!! I tried a recipe last week that was just too good to keep all to myself so I thought I would share it with you all!

 My husband works nights so on his days off our favorite thing to do is to watch movies and I like to bake! I will be honest I'm not a big fan of cooking. 4 o'clock rolls around every day and I'm like really?!! WHY??!!  I would much rather be sewing, painting playing with makeup.. pretty much anything but cooking! First of all it's time consuming, and secondly I like my kitchen clean ALWAYS and if I cook it just messes that up! However, I suck it up and do it anyway because my husband appreciates a nice home cooked meal and at the end of the day so do I.  I do actually like to bake and I regularly try new recipes! my go to cookie recipe for the last 2 years has been one I found on the blog Our Best Bites it is pretty much impossible to get it wrong and I have made it for family events, church activities and just for my family and it has been well loved by many! I thought I would change things up a bit and try something new! I am a major cheap o and always just buy what ever is the cheapest at the grocery store. I don't buy very many name brand things and I usually just get what ever has the best deal so when the Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips were on sale a couple weeks ago I was happy to purchase them! When I plucked them out of my pantry to use them I saw they had a recipe on the back so I figured why not give it a go!

Let me tell you!! I am so glad I did, they were so delicious and chewy, and the right amount of soft and tutxturey..ok sorry that's not a word, but they WERE OK!!! So here my friends is the recipe!

I didn't add any nuts and they were awesome, I figured I was nutty enough as it was!



RECIPE:
 
11 1/2 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup of butter or margarine softened, 3/4 cups sugar, 3/4 cups brown sugar packed, 2 large eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 2 1/4 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoons salt.
Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and mix well. Add vanilla until incorporated. Mix in dry ingredients; baking soda, salt, flour and chocolate chips. bake at 375 8-10 minuets.  Then Enjoy!!
-Haley





No comments:

Post a Comment