Monday, May 6, 2013

A Turtle Quilt

Okay, my husband and I went and watched Iron Man 3 on Saturday night and it was the bomb! So I'm definitely recommending it (if you like that sort of thing). It was a nice day in Yuma, probably one of the last actually, so we went to a church function in the West Wetlands for a carne asada dinner and some good chatting. Then we left and saw two different families from the dinner at Iron Man... Great minds?!
Last week was a little challenging for me, project wise. I finally bought a real quilt frame and OH MY GOSH, it's huge! Like, I can barely get into my bathroom from my bedroom huge. We put it in the master bedroom because it's the only spot big enough! I can't wait till we move so I can set up a new sewing area and NOT have a quilter in my room! Would you like to know what projects I have going? I have a half painted desk, an unfinished appliqué quilt, an unquilted pinwheel quilt, a mis-cut new quilt (I still haven't figured out what I did wrong), a graduation present quilt with WAY too many pieces, and a baby quilt in pieces on my sewing room floor. This week I also got a custom order for a quilt, pillow, and curtains for a boys room! I love it when people want me to make them things! I'll be describing all of the projects in detail as they get finished, but right now it seems like I have too many "irons in the fire!" This post will get one of my projects into the "finished" category, so I'll stop complaining!
As some of you may notice, I really like fabric. That may be an understatement, so on with my post! I pick up this waytoocute Aneela Hoey fabric on the way home from my Disneyland trip a bit ago. It's from the Little Apples line and is printed with little adorable turtles, snails, apples, and weeds. I love that the print is small and that you get to see lots of those guys! I decided that I couldn't be so heartless and chop it up for blocks, so I used it for backing and decided on a plain chevron design for the front. This little guy was quilted on my Bernette and I made the binding and hand-stitched it on. Lastly, i made a turtley label for the front with my Etsy quilt shop's name, Ellita. Check it out here and feel free to buy it ;) I hope everyone is having a good Monday!
~Rachel

Piecing the top


Getting closer!


I finally managed a "stained glass window" picture!


Quilting....


Adding the binding
 
Finished back
 
Finished front
 
My Ellita tag
 
Chevron quilting
 
Too many pictures?
 
Ok, I'm done now!
 
 
 
 
I hope you all enjoy this turtley cuteness as much as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment