Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Baby Posey Quilt

Hello all! Recently I was at my LQS (local quilting store) and happened upon charm packs of Aneela Hoey's Posey line of fabrics. Now, there are usually not many designer fabrics around Yuma, so I snatched three packs of these lovlies! I had my eye on this cute fabric since I saw this post introducing it on Aneela's blog. Anyway, I only used one set of the squares for this little quilt and for some reason, I couldn't bear to cut them, so I opted to find a cute layout that was plain squares. Sometimes less is more, yes? With the other two packs, I promise that I'll do something a little more bold! However, I'm happy with this tiny and sweet little baby quilt that I don't know who is going to get yet. Sometimes I like to make them really small so that they don't overpower the tiny baby that they are for! I decided to use a purple chevron flannel on the back to make it super soft (and to incorporate chevrons!!) and then quilted it in a basic way. Maybe one day some cute chunky kid will get to enjoy it! Until then, it's going to hang out in my completed projects area :) I also found some other great projects that others have done with this fabric! Amy from made During Quiet Time made this ridiculously cute table topper. I love dresden plates and this fabric, so it's a win-win. This dress is by Sarah Lou, and is on flickr. Don't you love how sweet it is? Then, there is a tumbler quilt by Fairy Face Designs that is extremely cute as well. I just love this fabric (and I love that I can see how others use it too)!
~Rachel

Amy's Table Topper
Sarah Lou's dress




Fairy Face Designs Quilt
So, those are the other people's Posey projects that I really like! Go check out thier pictures and other projects too! Now I shall find my own pictures and add my own little bit of Posy to the world :)
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment