Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Simple Curtains

When I haphazardly threw my sewing room together, I ended up with an interesting assortment of colors and lots of random items! I'll probably do another post someday and show pictures of the things I love. However, due to circumstances (ahem, a huge mess), I can't do that at the moment! What I can do though, is show the curtains and banner I made to finish the room off! There are so many colors in the room but I didn't have yellow yet, so I bought some yellow gingham and got to work. I measured the width of my curtain rod and doubled that. Then, I decided how long I wanted my curtains to be and added more for the hems. My curtain is only a valence so I just kinda cut when it looked right. I don't usually advise this, but even I'll risk it every now and then! I hemmed the sides so they wouldn't fray, sewed a bottom hem, a top loop for the curtain rod, and the end! I added a banner I used for a baby shower later and that's how it's been ever since. I like how it makes the room a little more cheerful :)
~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment