Friday, April 26, 2013

Pinned it Friday (Rachel Edition)

It's that time again, and what a week it has turned out to be. I can't believe it's already Friday! This was a great week, like Haley said, she drove to Yuma and spent a couple days with me!  She helped me attack my scrap pile, so now it only overflows a tiny bit instead of... well, all over my floor! I also got to shop (which is always fun), chat, eat, and Scarlett let me hold her (personal victory)! So, while my meatballs cook, how about I share my pins with you all?

1.) Scrap Jar Stars particularly caught my attention because as I mentioned, Haley helped my attack my scraps and now I have hundreds of small perfect squares. I love this idea or just a postage stamp quilt! We agreed that I will make the quilt and Haley will free motion quilt (FMQ) it! It's total a win-win! Now, maybe we should share it when we are done?! Haha. Go over to this blog, A Little Bit Biased and check out Amber's quilt work, tutorials, and the patterns there too! There are so many good project ideas!

2.) Bourbon "Crack" Chicken: Crockpot style caught my eye when I was browsing sometime this week, I am ALWAYS a fan of things that I don't have to fuss with a.k.a I can dump them in the crockpot. I used the crockpot three times this week! I don't know how we ever lived without it. This recipe is definitely getting tried this week, I'm only sad that I haven't already tested it to share my results with you! I got this from My Time Passages, go check out some other recipes that are there!
 
3.) DIY Gift Bows are going to go on any gift I'm gifting in the near future! Look how perfectly cute they are! I hate the fuss of other bows and trying to store them so that they look decent when you want to use them. This solves that problem, just make them as you need them and out of WAY cuter paper than you can buy pre-made bows! These cuties are from How About Orange, go check out the blog with all kinds of DIY, downloads, and fun ideas!
 
4.) I suffer from SLS (sucky layout syndrome) and if you've ever been to my house, you've seen the problem. I am just no good at layouts on walls! I have a hard time picturing what things will look like so I do dumb things to my poor walls. Unintentionally of course! Anyway, I always drool over beautiful layouts like this one and one day plan on totally copying one that I love! I don't even feel guilty about it! This is from a list of gallery walls on Houzz and I LOVE LOVE IT!!! It was done by Kasey Buick, I really like her photos!
 
5.) Lastly, I'm redoing my bed, since I have my new quilt from Haley. I bought a huge white one to go under it and now want some pillows for accents. I found this one that I love and think I will try to recreate in white for my bed! Pleats always catch me! Go check out Farah's blog and see what other types of things she does in her home.
 
That's it for today, I'm going to have my meatballs now. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic weekend. Come back to see what's going on next week!
~Rachel
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Fun pins Rachel. I want to try that pillow and recipe too now. Thanks for sharing! And I'm glad you like the Scrap Jar Stars. Send me a pic if you ever end up making some!

    ~ Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amber! I will definitely share pictures if I make them, they are perfect scrap busters!

    ReplyDelete